Monday, April 27, 2015

My Egg Basket

Hi everyone!

One of the many things I love about having backyard chickens is having a beautiful assortment of colored eggs. Crazy I know. Most of you will say "An egg's and egg", but I love taking my basket out and being surprised at the different colors of each day that I get to place in it. It also helps me know who is laying well and who isn't. :)


I have blues from my Ameraucanas, small cream colored ones from my Golden Phoenix, light brown from my Barred Rocks, a pinkish, and a light brown with grey speckles from my barnyard mixes, and a darker brown from my Black Copper Maran mix.
 What color from my basket is your favorite? 

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

Trudy

1 comment:

  1. Trudy: I use this photo in my high school cooking class when we do the chapter on eggs to show the various colors eggs can be. Yes ..... the majority of the class thought eggs were only brown or white. Thanks for being a great resource!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment. :)